Monday, October 3, 2011

Words to Live By

I have some funny friends. One of the funniest, Danielle, posted this on Facebook the other day. It's too perfect not to repeat:

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes." -- William Gibson

Tru Dat. I'm not sure who Mr. Gibson is, but he's clearly a realist.

Speaking of realists, I really like the artwork and sentiments of Erin Smith. You've probably seen her cards at some funky gift shops and decor stores (or here: http://www.erinsmithart.com/index.cfm). Here's one of my favorites of hers:

"While I admire the glass-is-half-full type . . . I'm comfortable with the fact my glass will always have a slow and steady leak."

Ah, the half-empty glass. It's a way of life. I speak from experience. I live it most days. My husband, on the other hand, is perpetually a glass-is-half-full type. I always say with my half-empty glass and his half-full one, at least together we make a whole person. I want to get t-shirts printed up for us. I'll don the half-empty glass tee and he can sport the half-full one. I do know that Life is Good does make a Half-Full tee. I just need them to stoop to my level for MY shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment