Friday, March 22, 2013

Down with Downton

I daresay I am hooked on "Downton Abbey." I know I'm late to the party, but better late than never! I just signed up for a free week of HuluPlus just to see DA. I have watched the first four episodes of Season 1. I doubt I can cram in the rest of Season 1 and all of Seasons 2 & 3 before my free week of HuluPlus is up, but I sure will try! After the free-week trial period is up, Hulu will cost $7.99 a month. If I have to pay just one month, it'll be worth it. NetFlix is about the same cost, but they only send out one DVD at a time -- and last time I was a member their streaming service wasn't so great (could be updated by now, but I'm really not into looking into it) -- and episodes on iTunes cost more than $7.99 for a Season, so I think I'm getting the best deal.

I love the way the women dress on the show. It's 1912. I was born waaaaay too late! I used to think I would have loved to be an adult in the 50s with all the full-skirted June Cleaver outfits, but now I'm thinking the early 1900s would have suited me well.



6 comments:

  1. I netflixed the first two seasons, and watched the third on TV. My faves are Violet, Mrs. Hughes, and Tom Branson. Just wait until you hit the 1920s. Fashion-wise, the best in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Award coming your way...Check out my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy .... see you are delighted with your show .. greetings from Indonesia

    I was follow you please follow me back.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your info very nice...
    greet from kindle..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suse, thanks for the award. I'll follow up later today. Update on the show: I'm now nearly finished with Season 2 and will finish that up today. Very excited that Comcast is running Watchability Week this week and I should be able to watch Season 3 for free too! Talk about a DA marathon. My favorites are Mary, Violet, Mr Carson, Mrs Hughes. I have a soft spot for Anna and Mr Bates. O'Brien and Tom are despicable but that just means they are great actors! Poor Edith. And Sybil is so pretty. Okay, so really, I like everyone on the show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loonysuse sent me. Now that I know you like Downton Abbey, I shall follow you and hope you join me at dumpedfirstwife.blogspot.com. You might want to avoid my Downton Abbey posts because they will give away plot points from future seasons. I am a Downton Abbey nerd.

    Love,
    Janie Junebug

    ReplyDelete